There are 12 regional Specialist Nurse Teams based across the UK.
- Working with Intensive Care or Emergency Departments and identifying/assessing potential organ donors.
- Approaching and consenting or authorising donor families for organ/tissue donation and research which includes QUOD.
- Supporting the families through the end of life discussions and throughout the donation process.
- Co-ordinating the donor process.
- Facilitating QUOD research and sample collection taken throughout the donor process.
- Ensuring an ongoing QUOD box supply within embedded trusts to facilitate future QUOD research.