I have been a Certified Laboratory Technician for over a decade, working for various research departments. I have a background in Microbiology applied to the environment and wine production; however most of my experience is in Human Biology related laboratory settings. I provide support to the QUOD project in the Oxford Hub.
My activities include:
- Day-to-day running of the QUOD laboratory;
- Storage (cryopreservation and histology) of samples received from all regional centres;
- Database log update to ensure proper sample tracking;
- Procurement and preparation of allocated sets of samples to research projects, according to project specification (e.g. microtomy).
- Transferring samples from the John Radcliffe storage facility to the Biocentre facilities in Osney Mead.